Saturday, January 06, 2007

Adding a footnote

Well, thanks to Claudia I felt like wandering a bit through the editing parts today to see if I can get to the place where I don't have to sign on every single blankety time I want to do something on Blogger. I think I found it, we'll see. Meanwhile I found the place to add a footnote, and I'll be interested to see if that works too.

Life goes on in Rock Island. Last night we got a wind storm that knocked over nearly all the trash cans in the area. We have someone's trash over on the fence that one of us will have to go get. The nice trash men that got the cans today had to get out of the truck and turn up nearly all of them, sorry guys!!! Of course if they were on regular schedule (Friday) the cans would have been emptied and put away before the wind hit. It rained too, but didn't clear out the snow like we were hoping it would.

Amanda and Fay are moving into a little one-bedroom apartment on the 15th. Useless man has admitted to a mid-life crisis (at 32) and is leaving them to go find himself. He says he's not happy and kindling a romance with an old acquaintance made him realize he was unhappy. Well dogonne it, honey, happiness is what you make of it, and committment isn't always about being happy. It's about being committed and standing by the relationship. It's about holding the hand of the person that Jesus put into your life, come what may, and not wandering off to greener pastures just because you feel like you're pushing 40 and never got that Ferrari or the trip to Tahiti that you always thought you should have. What about Fay? Well, Amanda says that she and Him are going to remain friendly, that he's going to take Fay home every night that Amanda works, and take her back to Amanda in the morning. That he's going to keep paying the bills and supporting his daughter. Yaaa.... well, we'll see. Amanda is advised to advise HIM that as long as things stay friendly between them and he keeps up his end of the bargain he don't have to deal with ME. LEMME AT 'IM PLEASE!!! She poo-poo's my suggestion to get an attorney and lay out the details in writing right now!! To get his wage attachment set up right now!!! Nope, she says we're friends and its all going to be fine, yep, right, until Miss Right(now anyway) show's up and starts making demands on HIS time and money and Fay gets the short end.

Fay is coming out here for the night as Amanda is working and I miss my little Star Baby. We're going to get groceries and visit an old friend of mine that has a little chijuaua (spelling?) puppy that's only about 6" high, Tinker and Fay are going to get along famously I hope. =-).

All this business with Amanda and Useless Man really have made me feel more like its time for Chris and I to get serious about US and get married for real. It's been 6 years in March that we've been together, and living together for over 3, it's time. I just want a little ceremony with him and me and a JP in the rose garden at the courthouse. No diamonds either, just a little gold band will be fine. I even think I'll take his name... =-). I know he's worried that now that they are split up that I'll be even more involved with Fay and Amanda and he'll have less time than he does now. Well, maybe he'll have to think about giving up the graveyard shift and being home at night where a man belongs. We're still deciding on color of the sofa, and now we're talking wall paint and carpet. Oh my gosh... I know my mama is smiling down and laughing about it all, reminding me of that $10 drape. =-) Hope my new footnote is there!!

1 Comments:

At 6:07 AM, Blogger Gattina said...

As for me it's "tackle it tuesday" I thought of my favourite Cleaning Lady ! I already were afraid you disappeared as Mrs. Angry ! Yes I am back and had a wonderful time as you can read on my blog. Arthur had disappeared for 4 days and had brought us near a nervous brakedown ! (in my cat blog)
Sorry to hear that your daughter's couple had split up. Or maybe it's good it happens now better than later, she still has time for another relation if she wants too. I agree with you that she should put everything in writing and has it confirmed by a lawyer. With men you never know, now he talks like that, but if his "big love" suddenly thinks that he spends too much money for his daughter or if he has other children he may forget her and his promises ! I don't know if little Fay is his legal daughter and carries his name or if she has Amanda's. In the latter case it's absolutely necessary that everything is done officially and in writing in the child's interest. Money is money even when it comes from a useless man !
It must be a hard time for poor Amanda but thanks god (or whoever) she has a mother with a head on her shoulders !
Wonderful that you finally decided to get married ! I tell you if each part can make a lot of compromises it works well ! look at me 37 years ! Yeak ! Awful !
You too switched to "New" Blogger, I also loaded a truck and moved over ! What footer are you talking about ??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home