Friday, October 13, 2006

The Good New IS!!!

Isn't it nice to have some good news once in a while? Well, today is pretty much chock full of it! Well, full of something anyway.
First, the cast is history!! On Monday I dropped a container of salsa on the floor in the grocery store and of course it exploded all over my feet and legs. Looked like I'd been jumping up and down in a tomato patch). Anyway, legs, shoe and cast were covered in salsa, and smelly to boot, so when I got home I washed off the chunks and put those foot-coverings away till the smell leaves... so that was Monday, today is Friday, and I'm hoofing along pretty good in two shoes again! The ankle is holding up pretty good, we took a couple mile walk yesterday and I've been on the bicycle a couple times too, so feeling like I'm finally on the mend. The coral calcium and extra protein have apparently done the trick, thanks Dr. H. !!
Other good news? Well, Chris's parents drove to town and were supposed to have landed on us for dinner and an evening of showing us pictures from Teresa and Allens wedding. Well, dog-gone if they were unable to get a room here in town, and since they couldn't stay any closer than 30 miles away... they couldn't get back for dinner or entertainment!! I don't have to see them until tomorrow afternoon on their way out of town the other direction! By then I'll have gone to get my granndaughter Fay and might just miss them, Lord willing!!! Now, don't get me wrong, they aren't horrible people...really. Mostly my problem is that Chris for some reason returns to his childhood days whenever his parents are around. He can't shut up, can't sit down, refuses to shut up and eat his food while its hot... makes me want to put his ass to bed because he can get downright embarrassing!! Then of course I have to deal with their smoking...they can't seem to go out into the street (or around the stupid block somewhere) they have to stand right next to the front door to smoke, and when they're done they rush right in and in comes their stupid smoke, which I hate and it just pisses me off totally!!!
What other good news! Well, how much more can a body take!! Amanda is nearly up to fulltime at her little job at the book store. Fay is hanging out with her Aunt and cousins and having a very good time. Her favorite cousin is Ashley (one of her first words too by the way), and so she's getting some good family time. The useless man has decided he'd better tell unemployment that he's working, so there goes his $400 a week free money.
Oh, and rotton daughter and I had a discussion about a movie called The Butterfly Effect, the one with Ashton Kutcher. In the version I saw, he killed himself in the end in a particularly gruesome manner. Well, she said I had the wrong movie, because in the one she saw the main character changed history by hurting the girl's feelings and therebye eliminating all that bad stuff from her life in the future. Well, thanks to this neat web site (Ruined Endings), I discovered that we were both right, I'd seen the director's cut of the same movie she saw, only she didn't see the same cut as I did. So after she insisted that I'd owe her a cold drink and a "You're Right" message on her answering machine, I told her it was a draw, and blew her a loud raszberry in her answering machine. I rented the other version to watch to see if it's a better ending that way, with everyone getting to live and live happily ever after (supposedly).
Also, we rented Click... it wasn't as good as it was touted to be. There wasn't any blowing up, not too much sheet bingo either, very little bad language, and a sad (almost) ending. I don't know, maybe Adam Sandler should stick to real comedy and stop trying to be serious. Maybe I missed the point. Christopher ruined the ending about 5 minutes into the movie, and I just couldn't enjoy the rest. He does that, but that's not for the Good News day!
I'm still happy I don't have to spend the evening with the inlaws looking at pictures from the wedding! Doing handsprings and cartwheels and toedancing steps!! YAHOO!!

1 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger Gattina said...

Oh Jesus ! Or you write nothing or you throw a waterfall of words on the screen (page) ! As you can see I am back and see that you were writing while I were away. I can't agree with your smoking story as in my family nobody smoked and died as well and my father in law died of a throat cancer and never smoked in his life. It's all pure hazard. There are so many smokers who are still alive in their 80 and smoke at least 20 cig./day. I only started smoking, so I can't give it up yet. but the day will come ! By the way in Turkey you could smoke everywhere !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home