Saturday, September 09, 2006

Crummy movies out there people!

Today we rented and watched Giovanni Ribisi's newest release to video: "I Love Your Work"... well, I hated this movie. From the beginning it's bouncing back and forth between his acting jobs, his wife's acting jobs, his photography, a stalker, a woman he's stalking, a man stalking his wife... geez what a yawner. Are they drug addicts or are they screwing around with everyone that appears to be someone they are screwing around with? Elvis Costello is after his wife. Ok, there are a few good stars in the movie making cameo's, but I was upset to have spent money on this one. My husband is in there watching the remainder of it and will no doubt tell me all I missed by leaving the room in a huff of disgust.
I really liked Giovanni Ribisi in the Postman, in The Other Sister (he played her retarded boyfriend), he's had bit parts in tons of movies, and I always enjoy seeing him. After "I Like Your Work" I might have to bypass his face on the CD box... booo!

Last week we watched November with that dark-haired star of Friends fame, who'se married to some other actor... gosh what's her name? Anyway, the pretense is that her boyfriend is shot and she spends the rest of the movie trying to reconcile the situation with herself. In the last 5 minutes of the movie you find out she was also shot during the robbery, is dying for 2 hours, and is re-living her life. I didn't get it... I still don't get it.

What ever happened to GOOD movies with GOOD plots, Good actors, and an actual point to the movie? My favorite old movie is Spencer's Mountain. Now Henry Fonda is daddy and Maurene O'Hara is mom and they have a gob of kids living in poverty in a mountain town. Their oldest kid (of Hawaii 5-0 fame, Danno) is smart enough and ambitious enough to go to college, only they have no money due to poor times and too many mouths to feed. In the end of course, daddy sells off the property that he was going to build they're dream house on, and Jr. goes to college. No boobs, no guns, no f-words!!! (God I'm old)...

4 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Moobear said...

Hey Jana,
So good to see you back on the roll, I sure have missed ya. Just thought you might wanna know you are missed when you ain't around.
Have a great evening.

God Bless!

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger Gattina said...

So that's what you were doing ! Watching XXXXXXX films. I understand. I also think there is nothing special going on with movies most of them are really boring, a lot of blood (Ketchup) guns, drugs everybody kills everybody and when you are lucky there is a happy end ! All dead people are getting up and walk. The last film I saw which was really very nice was "Keeping Mom"
(I always say Killing Mom) I was half dead when I came out of the mouvie's because I had laughed the whole film along ! And in some way that was also a crime killing all people who bothered the pastor (played by Atkinson Mr. Bean)

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Jana said...

Well, I wasn't watching XXX movies, I think those are boring as HECK!! NO plot, no acting, just a lot of moaning and faking... yuck!!!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Kathleen... said...

Your "problem" is that you have TASTE. =) One of my fav's is Guess Who's Coming to Dinner. They don't make films like that anymore...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home