Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A bit about Fay


Tonight before I go to bed I want to share a bit about my new granddaughter Fay. She just turned 14 months, is walking, and beginning to do some talking.
I am happy to say that her parents (my daughter and that useless man of hers) are living back here after living across the mountains near Seattle. Right around Fay's birthday that man got a job offer over here, so they packed up and moved right on back home. Both his mother and I live here, and we've suffered terribly being separated from the kids. Mostly me of course, as my daughter and I have had some hard-headedness between us and wasted a lot of precious time. So, now they are here, useless man lost that job because according to the boss - he just can't afford to pay 'him' what he promised he could. So this useless bag of bones is sitting on his butt drawing unemployement benefits because he'd rather do THAT than take some crap-job. My opinion of course is rather WORK than draw unemployment.
Ok, enough on "useless man", this was about Fay.
Every day or so I go over after I finish working and visit with Fay, have some play time, give her dinner, and give 'useless man' a break since 'daughter' is working mostly evenings at her part-time job. Tonight Fay picked up my keys, tossed her little Dora purse over her shoulder, kissed gramma and hollered bye-bye as she was heading for the door. Now HOW FREAKING cute is that?? So smart at 14 months, she knows what to get and what it's for, and where to go!! Of course, she's a bit short of the doorknob (thank GOD!!), but by golly she knows what to do. Mostly her language is something akin to Ewok, and I'll be eternally unhappy that her parents refused to teach her sign lanuage, anyway...
Another thing she's smart about is food. She knows food is MMMMMMMM and water is AHHHHHHH. I'm grinning and chortling even as I write this. Amazed that this little critter is so quick. She does say "mommy", "daddy", "bye-bye", "puppy", and of course "oh shit" but food, poop, and water are just a bit beyond her so far.
I know it won't be but about a minute and she'll be calling me and asking if I'll share the cost of her first car with the other grandma. You Betcha Fay-baby, whatever Gramma can do for you!!

6 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Blogger Moobear said...

what a sweet post today Jana and Fay is just adorable. I know you are one more happy gramma. I am so happy for you and you just keep on enjoying Fay and thanks for sharing Fay with us.

God Bless!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Gattina said...

He, he what a bitchy mother in law you are ! Instead of thinking he is right staying on benefit, at least you work for something. But your little Fay is really cute how jalous I am ! I am still waiting ... hope that my future grandchild will not get too much from her mum. (he, he)

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Jana said...

You're right Ingrid, I'm going to suggest he take his lazy fanny back to Everett and get his job back over there. At least he'll be working. He doesn't want to take a job for less than $18 an hour, and would rather get benefits than work because its hard on his ego to work for less money. Seems to me (and I told him this) that rather to dig ditches than sit on the couch. Guess he doesn't agree. Oh, and I'm very nice... so far... I haven't brought the shotgun to even ONE of our visits... but I could!
Thank you too Claudia, yes Fay is a wonderful gift from God, and I'm so happy and grateful she's in my life.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Kathleen... said...

She's lovely....just beautiful. Congratulations on having her near...=)

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger L. said...

Finally getting a chance to read through your blog....your granddaughter is adorable! Of course I am thrilled for you to get to have them close by...but insanely jealous at the same time! Enjoy!! Grammie

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Jana said...

It's both a blessing and a curse Grammie. When they were 3 hours away my daughter could tell me everything was OK, and I couldn't know any different, now she's here in town and I can get there in 10 minutes or less, and so far I have to really work to contain myself... and keep that shotgun in the closet!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home