Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Whatever happened to speedy recovery??

Well, heck... I went to the clinic yesterday, spent an hour in the waiting room among the sneezing and coughing Monday morning group, got my right ankle re-x-rayed to check on my progress -- gosh it's been 6 weeks, and I thought, well, OK, it's still sore and kinda swollen, but after this much time, it really should be nearly healed enough I can drop-kick this cast out the window, right? Huh doctor? Right?
Ummmm... NOPE! The 6-week x-rays don't show much healing compared to the ones right after the break. So, I get 3 more weeks in this removable cast, and the doctor really wants me to go to Orthopedics and get a visit with bone-doctors. I told her I would set an appointment for 3 weeks, and I will.
The reasons are many why this is not healing. First I can't stay off it and let it heal. My clients aren't going to wait and my bills won't wait either. Next, I have thought that by taking off this cast and walking around the house that I was doing some good by keeping the muscles strong. Apparently it's only aggravating the injury and not helping the situation at all. Ok, so I never said I was a good patient !! Doctor blondie says I need to leave the cast on when I'm walking around the house--period. Ok, I'm going to do my best, but I'm not going to stop and put it on when I'm on the way to the bathrooom, or to get a refill on my water glass! If Orthopedics talks me into a plaster cast, I'll be unable to shower, shave my legs, or sleep comfortably, so that is the very very very last resort.
Meanwhile, I'm waiting to hear from MooBear, I hope she's feeling ok, in my prayers and in my thoughts. Hopefully her husband is reading blogs to her and she'll know I'm thinking of her and hope she'll send a hello so I know she's still breathing and sitting on her thinking stool.
And of course Ingrid chided me for not writing anything for a few days. Well, Fay-Baby was here Saturday night, and I took her home Sunday afternoon, came home and fell on the bed in exhaustion! What a little tornado that kid is - just 15 months and on the run all the time! I'm too old to chase a baby, especially on one wing!!! Her mom is working lots of hours at a local book store, and useless man is working too- under the table in construction work, and still drawing unemployment benefits. I hated when they were so far away in Everett, but now they're here and I can see for myself things in this relationship that make me want to feed that man to the nearest chipper-shredder. He's not a good person, he's very selfish and self-centered. Not normal traits for a 33 year old man who isn't an only child. Now Amanda is an only child and is also selfish and self-centered, but she's only 24 years old, and is a new mother too. I give her some room for improvement... him... someone should shoot.
Ok, off to dinner, take care all, and talk to you soon!

2 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Blogger Moobear said...

hon, I know you must be tard of toting that cast around. I hate you have to endure it for three more weeks. Just hang in there, as I know you will. Thanks for your emails, comments and visits to my place. Also, I will tell Jerrell about the steps, although most likely it would be yet another thing for me to trip and fall over...lol... take care my friend!



God Bless!

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Gattina said...

Jana, Jana ! (Look at my reproachful face) you should listen to the doctor and not commit self healing !
And leave your Amanda happy with the to be put in a shredder person. Continue to chase Baby Fay, I must admit I regret not to see that. Must be very funny ! lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home