Monday, December 11, 2006

Got Porkert?



Do you have one of these grinders? I was given one that doesn't have an instruction book with it. I tried an e-mail to the main company in Russia, but have been ignored, assuming there is a language barrier, I'm not all that upset. Another company I e-mailed said they had a book and would send me on, but their warehouse couldn't locate a book, even though they are the supplier for Amazon.com... hmmm says me. The sent a "similar" book that isn't at all. Nice, but no cigar. Anyway, I have a Porkert 8 grinder with lots of parts and no instructions as to how to put it together or what doo-dad does what. If you have one, and would like to share a copy with me, I'd be more than glad to pay for the cost of copy and sending it to me in Washington State!!! E-mail to jch98850@yahoo.com

I got to spend the day with sunny Miss Fay (my granddaughter), she's talking a bit more, and walking like a real champ. We went to Costco today and her mom picked up this huge tub of animal crackers, and was letting Fay have a few, well Fay decided she needed a nap, and put her little head right down on the top of that cookie jar, with a piece of cookie still sticking between her cute little lips, and went flat out to sleep. Not there's a story only a grandmother could share with a smile!

Amanda was relieved of her job at the book store. The reason given was that she didn't give a customer the "sale price" two days after the sale was over. Yet, I know the truth, as this is my daughter and I know her as well as I know myself. We in this line are big mouthed, hard-headed people who can't shut up about things. We don't like to work with the public. I learned this out several years ago when the company I had worked for for almost 9 years shut down and sold out to mexico. I took advantage of the displaced worker program and went back to college, started an accounting degree, and nearly finished with that I decided with the kind help of Jesus to start my own business as a housekeeper. Since I work for myself, decide who I will or won't work for, and when my hours and income will be, I have never been happier in my working life. So, I have been bugging her to figure out what she can do for herself to start her own business and stop working for lying cheating bosses whose only interest is their own income and the profits for the shareholders. She's filling out job applications and might take a job delivering pizza's, which is almost as good as working for yourself, at least you get to eat the mistakes!!!

Hoping that Moo's atomic bird feeder is working well and that Grammie has some new shots of Owen to share, I swear that youngster is built like a racehorse, hope his parents encourage him to be a runner! Morgan at Token Hippie had an interesting review of a movie on her site, which I was thankful for because it solidified the reasons I didn't want to see that movie to start with.

Otherwise, Chris surprised me with a new bathroom exhaust fan for my birthday. He spent 8 hours today installing it, had to crawl up in the attic to get it hooked up. He didn't want to do it because he knew it'd be a ton of work, and he bitched before hand, so I told him today to forget it, I'll hire it out, and his birthday present to me is that he can't bitch about it anymore. Well, ever the math-man, he figured out how much cheaper it'd be to do it himself, and he decided that since I was gone today was the day. He could bitch, whine, yell and holler all he wanted and I wouldn't be here. The new fan is quiet and the cover is so white and shiney it makes the bathroom paint look bad... did I ever tell you the story of my mom's $10 curtain? Well, another day, since Ingrid always complains I talk too long!! Night and God Bless!

4 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger L. said...

Missed your posts...glad that your back! : )

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Moobear said...

Same here Jana! My aunt had one of those exact thingies. Best I remember she used it to grind sausage.It has been so many years I can hardly remember, but she would bolt it to the counter and it may be used for persimmons as well I think. Glad to see you back friend. Have a great day!

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Gattina said...

Ah ! I thought already you disappeared in the underground ! I missed your comments on my blog. So you tortured your poor man by forcing him diplomatically to "do it yourself" not bad as strategy ! Compliments ! My better half has always to swear, complain and call me 100 times when he is doing something. That's why I disappear when he starts something. Sorry for Amanda she surely will make her way. I also learned that you built up your own business with Jesus (is that a Mexican ? Here in Europe a lot of men have as first name Jesus mostly in Spain and Portugal, no kidding !) Are you satisfied with him as employee ? And little Fay is well too. OK then I can return to my Christmas trees, I want to put some pictures of different Christmas trees I saw in Waterloo and Brussels on my photoblog. I like to decorate my blogs at least there they are needle free and this year I don't have one at home, because we go away on thursday. Could you please keep my unofficial first name out of the front page, it's only for private uses. Not that it disturbes me, but people get mixed up as poor Mrs. Angry. She didn't know anymore who were who and asked me !!
Sorry for your "engine", my grandma had one like that, but I never have seen it otherwise than like the one on your picture.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger L. said...

....thanks for your visit to my blog...just got home tonight....wasn't in Denver (luckily!) so I didn't encounter any airport delays.

I hope that your holiday was nice!
Grammie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home