Saturday, November 11, 2006

Lets talk about HUNTING!!

Picture Bambi here, crying over his shot-dead mother. The hunters that killed his mama also started the forest fire that killed his friends!
Here's my issue with hunting, and fishing, anything that people call "Sport".
1) How is it a SPORT if the person doing it is in camoflage in a tree with deer urine spread all around, and he or she (yes there are women hunters) has the gun?
2)How is it a SPORT if the person is in a duck blind with a quacker and decoys in the water to lure in unsuspecting prey?
3)How is it a sport if the person uses a lure or bait on a hook waiting for some hungry critter to come along and take a bite out of it?
Here is my suggestion to all you sports men and women. Put DOWN that gun and the camo and the treestands and the duck blinds and the poles and bait. Hunt with your bare hands! Put some REAL sport into it! Hunt down and kill a deer or an elk with your hands! Catch a fish in the water with your bare hands! Swim out there and catch the duck from underneath!
WHY should people be allowed to pursue what is only having the complete advantage of an animal that doesn't even know you're around?
Better, get hunting licenses to hunt other people! How about putting some person's head on your wall? How about a sportsmans skin rug in front of your fireplace? Do you really think its right, fair, ethical to hunt or fish for sport?
My response to these days of catch and release SPORT FISHING is this: Swim out there and I'll rig up a burger (or steak or whatever is your favorite food) on a hook and toss it out. You swim up and take a big old bite, get that hook way down deep in your mouth, then I'll haul you in while you fight and swim madly in the other direction. After I tire you out, I'll haul you into the boat and unhook you, then take pictures with you and weigh and measure you, then after a while, I'll toss you back overboard, happy to know you'll go on about your day as if nothing in particular happened. Do YOU think you'd feel like finishing your regular day at the office after that trauma? After your last car wreck did you just go back to the office? No problem??
Same with hunting deer or birds. Just how sportsmanlike is it to hide up in a tree or behind a curtain and wait till some animal happens along? It is my opinion that you should be out there nude with only your bare hands, run up on it, catch that animal and kill it like a man.
A client tells me that her son and grandson go hunting elk for sport, but they don't eat the meat, they work to give it all away!? Oh, and they're in no danger of getting lost because they pay a guide and they're on private land. Which means they're hunting someone's pets. Those elk have likely been hand fed since they were babies and aren't afraid of people. Such a big sport to shoot someone's pet, don't you think?? It stands there expecting a snack, you step out of the truck and BOOM, you have a 6-point wall mount and meat you won't eat. Yippee.
So, all you dear hunters, how about having a little think time on this subject? Why are you hunting? Isn't there enough meat in the grocery store? Do you really need to go out there and terrorize the animals, ruin the landscape with your 4-wheelers and your guns? Leaving shotgun shells and beer bottles all over the place? Just what are you accomplishing anyway? IF you want a weekend away from the women, got get a motel room and bring a bottle, after all, that's what WE do when we want time away from our men!!
If you're going to shoot a pet, (or WORSE, a caged, starved, and terrorized animal on a private reserve that was just let loose a minute after you got into position, so you can be a big game TROPHY hunter), then DON'T DO IT!! Think of the life you are taking and the reason behind it. If you want a trophy, go bowling!!! No guns, knives, blinds, or deer urine!
Check out a hunting or sportsman magazine if you think I'm crazy. Take a walk out in the woods where hunters go, look at the trash and the desecration left behind. If you have to hunt to feed your family, then fine, hunt and feed your family with my blessing (as if that matters), but since there's about a million grocery stores out there with plenty of packaged safely handled and processed meat and fish, hunting and fishing aren't necessary.
Oh, there's another thought -- did you shoot it right so there won't be any poisoning of the meat? Was it a diseased animal to start with? Does your properly licensed and inspected processor know what he's doing, and will it all be handled sanitarily so you don't get food poisoning? How long would this or any war last without weapons? The soldiers have to fight hand-to-hand, no scuds, no bombs, no guns...period.

4 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Blogger Gattina said...

Just great Jana !!! You spoke out of my heart ! I can understand that stone man had to hunt to nurrish themselves but now ???? It's completely idiot and stupid. These men have no brain, remember all the buffalos killed for "fun" and now there is almost nothing left. The indians only killed them for food and didn't murder them because for me hunting IS murdering ! I once went to a hunting on a private place when I were 20 and didn't know anything about it. It was my boyfriend who invited me to that "Party" I can tell you I suddenly catched an awfull cold and each time a rapid or a pheasant appeared I had to sneeze like an elephant and all animals ran away. You should have seen the killer looks which I got and were never invited again. Hopefully I saved some of them.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Jana said...

We do that too - walk through where bird hunters are -- talk loud and crash around scaring the birds away. I agree that whites killed the buffalo only because it was sporting. The indians used the meat and the hides and everything in between. Glad you liked my blog this time!! =-)

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Gattina said...

I don't know if you have noticed this already, but I put a link to your hunting story in my post also about hunting, but my personal experience. I thought with all the people coming for my games, they surely will read that too ! And the more we get the better it is !

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Gattina said...

I just noticed that you replied to me here, but when I post a comment I never come back unless there is something new, so I would never have seen that if I didn't have posted today ! Better you answer in my blog ! And ... I always like your blogs !What's that ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home