Friday, November 03, 2006

thanks to Grammie for this link

http://kerflop.com/2006/11/02/chemical-burn/

I was totally surprised to read about these Magic Erasers being dangerous in the wrong hands.

I am so thankful to Grammie for the link and the information, and so sorry to the mom and little guy that had to go through this to remind us that just because the package doesn't specifically say it's dangerous that it's not.

Hugs and best wishes for speedy recovery to the little cleaning helper and big hugs to mom for feeling so guilty as to let her little son help clean. Thank you both for helping me to realize that this is not something I want to put in my granddaughter's hands to clean her art work off the wall -- someday when she's doing wall-art. =-).

I use these pads in my every day work. They are a wonder on those bumpy handles on refrigerators and in the newer tubs. I always use gloves because I clean with chemicals so never realized these erasers were abrasive.

3 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Moobear said...

Hi Jana!
Good to see you blogging! Yep we hafta be careful with the product, but it really does work well. I hope you have a great weekend!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Gattina said...

What an awfull story ! Can you imagine with so dangerous products we are often confronted without knowing it !

Leave the art work of your granddaughter on the wall please ! Maybe she will become famous with that when she is grown up and you meanwhile are profitating from wonderful wall decoration !

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Jana said...

Well, should little Miss Fay draw on the walls, I'm certain that ol' Meemee will leave it, probably even frame it!! I do plan to keep the crayons out of reach at least for a while though, she's still putting everything in her mouth!! Once she understands that crayon goes on paper, we'll be in business.
As for the famous artwork, her mother Amanda did a painting at 2 years old that is hanging on my wall. She was given an easel and paint and went to it, and the painting is amazing to look at. Light colors - blues and greens and pinks, and in the middle of it all you can see (if you look close enough) an angel flying. Amanda has asked repeatedly for that painting, and I keep telling her I have willed it to her, till then, it's on MY wall!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home