Monday, November 27, 2006

Back from the ocean to 6" of snow!!

Well, we weren't here to see it coming down, but we came home to 6" of snow in the yard and a bunch of very upset cats!!
Lesson learned #1) KNOW for myself that the newly made spare key to the front door works BEFORE I drive 8 hours away from home. Why? Well, I made a key for Amanda on Tuesday and gave it to her because we were leaving on Weds, which we did. So I never personally tried the key in the door and because of that the cats were alone for 4 days. Of course the worst for it was Buddy with no dry food in his dishes!! But being a 22 pound cat, he didn't do so bad, and it doesn't look like he even lost an ounce while we were gone.
We drove home the slow way with no mountain passes between us and home, thankfully, but once we got about an hour from home and the sun went down the roads got icy and we had to creep all the way back. The headlights reflecting off the ice on the road all the way home. We knew the weather was coming this way because Saturday night there was a storm in Lincoln City that literally rocked the motel from the force of the wind and rain blowing in from the south.
Well and it rained almost all the time we were in Lincoln City, we got out on Saturday for a nice hike to a waterfall - about 3 miles or 3 1/2 round trip. My ankle never complained the entire trip, but I was cautious worried about tripping over something and breaking it again. Big ninny huh? We had a nice sattelite TV in the room and a very nice kitchen we ate well and watched the storms roll in. Never saw any whales(or is it wales)? , of course they were probably out there, just couldn't see because of the gray weather. We did see sealions and lots of beachcombers.
I'm happy to be home!!! I get to get my teeth cleaned this afternoon after cleaning one house. I think I'll stop and see miss Fay as she was gone all weekend too and I miss her smiley little cute face! I thought about stopping at my special client's house to see how he did with the turkey and all. I started it baking on Wednesday for him - only a 12lb and a fresh one this year.. thank GOD! I talked him into stove-top stuffing instead of the work and possible contamination from stuffing in the bird type stuffing. Yuck...anyway. I should stop over and de-bone the bird and remove the carcass as he won't do that, he wouldn't even think about it.
As for thanksgiving being special only once a year, well for those of us with grandkids, or someone specials in our lives, or an unwell mother(!!!) we better be thankful every day and tell those that we love EVERY day that we love them and appreciate them,because tomorrow is another day and if you miss your chance to be thankful because you're only thankful one day a year, you're certain to be sorry.

4 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Blogger Gattina said...

You seem to have spent nice holidays, but not your cats ! Fortunately they were inside. Mr. Gattino would have killed you first and then your daughter because she didn't let brake in the door ! Yes, he is like this with his cats ! Probably I could stay locked in for 4 days and he would forget about it lol ! We still have unusual warm spring weather in the 60F !

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger L. said...

Living here in Alabama I must admit that I am quite jealous of your driving home to snow! We only get a dusting every few years or so...and when that occurs the entire city shuts down!
Crazy Southerners, eh?!
Take care,
Grammie

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Moobear said...

Hey Jana!

I would love to have your snow! We just never get enough for me. I love it! Take care and have a good evening my friend!

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Moobear said...

OK Jana, I MISS YOU! and....I want your snow!



Claudia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home