Thursday, January 29, 2009

Signs of the times

Gosh I'm feeling OPTIMISTIC. Watching the unemployment lines get longer, the lines at the food bank are getting longer too. I was in the grocery store on the first, the number of people with WIC and food stamp tickets was amazing to me.

In light of all that, and that crazy times bring ou the worst in crazy and borderline crazy/violent people, and the fact that my daughter works in a pizza parlor and delivers, I'm reminded to remind myself and everyone else of some basic RULES of SAFE CONDUCT:

MOST important!! Be aware of your surroundings.
Watch your back. Show purpose in your walk - don't look lost or fumbling with keys or packages while crossing a parking lot. Know where your car is!
Watch your purse!! Don't leave it in the grocery cart DAMMIT!! *(I could have stolen probably a thousand dollars from open wallets and purses in carts unattended).
Lock your car doors. Put your purse on the floor in the car, or in the glovebox while you're driving.

As I advised my daughter, my boyfriend, myself, and now everyone else - since I'm so smart and all!!!! In the face of a potentially violent person wanting your money or your property - PLEASE!! Give it up! Stuff is only stuff - not worth getting hurt over.
I told her open the cash register and hit the floor. Don't try to save your employers money.
There's been two armed robberies lately in our little burge - and that's really rare.
Now is the time of crazy people with guns who need money or drugs to sell so - please be careful, someone loves you and needs you...like me!!

1 Comments:

At 6:38 AM, Blogger Gattina said...

What I can say about the crises is that people spent more than before, because saving doesn't bring any interests or not enough. Stealing purses and wallets is the use here too if you don't watch it.
We have quite unusual cold weather but no snow !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home