Wednesday, November 19, 2008

HELP this kitten is trying to chew me to pieces!

Well, since Ruby was at the vet last week... she's nearly dangerous.

There's very little holding her now, she acts like she's being attacked. She's constantly biting and I've even seen her stalking me. No - this 2 pound critter isn't scaring me.

I need help to find a way to calm her down. Before the trip to the vet there was little violence on her part. During play she's puff up and do the crow-hop and bite, but now it's almost constant. Even when she's starting to get tired and I can pet her a little, she'll get charged up and start biting again.
I've tried holding her close to my chest to help her feel more secure, tried holding her down completely when she goes berzerk (that was a bad idea).
She woke me at 2:30 this morning - biting on my fingers. I tossed her away several times, then decided maybe she was trying to say she's hungry. So we staggered out to the kitchen, and she wouldn't eat.
Ruby doesn't act this way with Chris though. It's me she's holding the trip and the torture she went through getting that absess lanced. I know the only way they could do it without knocking her out was to hold her down, so I realize that's her problem, she doesn't want to be held down and stabbed again. BUT I wasn't the one holding the knife or the needle, I just took her there and left her.
So .... any suggestions? We're still giving her the antibiotics, I think there's enough for the rest of the week then she's done. So twice a day I have to sneak that down her. I try hard not to have to hold more than her head so she doesn't feel like I'm trying to hurt her.
I miss my sweet baby Ruby.
I'm feeding her Wellness dry and canned kitten food, the vet recommended it, and after reading about it - it seems to be a good quality food to me. Obviously Ruby is doing well on it - teeth and claws are strong!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home