Friday, October 31, 2008


Well - here we are - week one and Ruby has put on 10 ounces. She's sleek and sassy and doing fine.
Of course- didn't this little Halloween kitten fall right into the right hands. I was lamenting a few weeks ago about Amanda's decision not to have any more kids right now - selfish snothead anyway!! How dare she not give me another grandchild just because she's single, raising a 3-year old without benefit of a full-time dad....hmmmmpphhhffff.
So - I got a baby. She's a bit less work. Up to every 6 hours on the need to eat. She plays a lot harder. Crashes just as hard though - which is very funny. She'll be tearing it up - and suddenly - poof, she's out. She's not had one accident - she knows where all the cat boxes are and uses them all.
Autumn depresses me. I'm sad to see cold weather coming, icy roads, my home 10 miles from work and town, economic pressures galore. So for something to keep my spirits up- I'm awarded a lifetime servant's contract for another cat. Ok - I'm not happy about that, but I'm thankful for the kitten and the fun disruption to life this little baby has brought. This strange lady at the bank has acquired cat #7. I'm contemplating if I want to kindle a friendship with her. I wonder if there's a conflict of interest in having a friend that works at the bank you do business with. I'll think about it.
Meanwhile - Chris is over his mad with Ruby being here. I have seen him play with her, he tells me about feeding her during the day when I'm working. He thought he lost her a couple of times and was all worried about looking for her. So - he's hooked on the baby too. I knew it wouldn't take long because he's a sensitive guy and she's a raging beauty that no man could resist!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home