Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thanks for all that input y'all!!

Well, thankfully I wasn't actually waiting for my blogger friends to console me on losing YET ANOTHER tooth. Thankfully as a 46 year old woman I can (and do) make decisions for myself.

I had that damn molar pulled, and cried through it all. Losing a tooth is losing a part of your person (in my humble opinion).

On to happier things: We're going hiking/camping on Friday night and then going to the Tom Petty concert on Saturday night. What made me finally decide to do a hike-out, I hear you asking? Well, the fact that the majority of this group is older and slower than me was the winning point. I won't be the slow one, and even though I'm the newest to this adventure of carrying everything you need to camp on your back...I won't be the one Chris is focused upon - for a change. So far the backpacks are clean, the sleeping bags are washed and ready to tie on, I have my clothes and personal stuff bagged up. Next is the food we're taking and the essentials - like the French Press coffee pot, the cooking pot, and don't forget the camera!! Somebody will no doubt take a picture of Jana in her backpack so it'll get posted here for all your enjoyment!!

I've been seeing Fay quite a bit, though my daughter is still not treating me like anything more than a wad of wet chewing gum stuck to the bottom of her shoe. She's smoking again and is sending cash to that idiot ex-boyfriend of hers from clear back in the olden days. God I could just rip her hair out by the roots. She tells me she's smart mature and able to handle her own life, then this crap comes up. I can understand her following so closely in her mother's footsteps, but I can't understand her hating me for it.

3 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger Gattina said...

There must be something with my Google reader because I didn't know that you have written a post lately !I also had a tooth pulled out but I was so relieved it was waggling and hurt. Now it's much better. The dentist just put another tooth on my bridge. As babies we suffer to get our teet and as oldies we suffer to get rid of them ! My fur gang is fine, just have a look ! Again troubles with your daughter ?

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Sid said...

carrying the things you're going to sleep in? that's madness. if god wanted that he'd have given us shells like tortoises and snails. we were made to sleep in comfort. good luck with the camping.

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fay will come around. Mothers are always right in retrospect. My condolences on the tooth. I had one pulled a couple of years ago - a back one - but it still upset me terribly. These things happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home