Wednesday, April 09, 2008

It's ALMOST Vacation Time!!!

Well, we're leaving on the 18th and will be gone for a week. First stop is at Chris's parents in Tri-Cities for the night, then straight to Reno. We have reservations for Saturday and Sunday night there. While we're in Reno we're going to take my dad's ashes up to Boca Reservior and leave them at his favorite fishing hole. Although it's been some 25 years since I've been to Boca, I'm hoping it hasn't changed much and that I can find that river and find those rocks. He was able to find them to take my mom's ashes there in 2003, so I think I can manage. There's a couple of people I hope to meet up with while I'm home, and then we're heading East.
The first stop East is the town of my birth - Ely, Nevada. I hope to have the weather and the time to wander around the hotel where my parents met, and maybe to the hospital where I was born. Then out to the canyons of Utah for some long drives through the wonders of nature, a few short hikes and lots of picture-taking.
We'll be doing some camping this time to save money. Both of us are broke, but we're going anyway. Oh - we have credit cards and plent of available credit on them, but was sure nice when we went on vacation last year and we both had CASH for the trips. This year I've had to spend a bunch on taxes, and Chris has been paying off bills. I don't mind a few nights camping as long as its not freezing outside. We have excellent sleeping bags and all that, but it doesn't beat a bed with sheets and a heater and a TV and a hot shower in the room!!
Otherwise, he's got our packing lists made out, figuring out how much square footage we have to work with in the Kia, and he's going to buy one of those french press coffee pots (ooooh cool!) so we don't bring the espresso machine and all the parafinalia that goes along with it. Heck I might decide Ilike that thing better and quit making Latte's all the time... who knows what might happen?
I remember that smart little chicken on the OLD cartoons. The cartoon had the big souther-voiced chicken and the dog and those two were always beating the hell out of each other. Anyway, the older chicken was dating this widow hen that had a son - the intelligent little kid that was always figuring out tragectory and weight and all that for some stunt or another for the chicken to pull on the dog..... MY POINT???!!! Well, that little smart chicken with his graphs and pencils and super smarts??? Sure reminds me of Chris. Sigh.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home