Monday, April 07, 2008

When the pain pills wear off, the throbbing starts

Well, turns out I'm infected... yipeee!!! I knew it was likely to happen because this tooth was up against my sinus cavity. So when it was all pulled loose the infection went right into my sinuses, and oh boy isn't that fun?? Now tomorrow I'm going to see the MD to get a prescription for anti-biotics. GAWD I hate taking those things- it never fails I'll get a yeast infection from then, and have trouble digesting food for about a month, get lots of lower GI issues too. Just what you wanted to hear, I'll betcha??!!!! Plain yogurt doesn't work for me, I have to drink that nasty acidophilus goop, which works great, if I can gag it down and keep it down.
SO, I'm taking a couple of vicodin's at a time, and swimming around in the fog waiting till I go to the dentist in the morning. I did work today, it wasn't that bad, working stoned on vicodin isn't that hard. I can't use my headphones though, the echo in my head is just too much to bear.
I miss hard food, looking SO forward to a big plate of nacho's or some taco's or something crunchy and stiff! Chris made macaroni and cheese last night, his version is kindof crunchy from the oven, and it was really tasty. We used rice pasta and olives and garlic and onions plus about a pound of 4 different kinds of cheeses -it was so yummy.
Otherwise, I'm starting to do some reading about titanium implants, the dentist that pulled my tooth does them for about $2,000 per tooth, then someone else (A prosthedontist) does the crown. I could end up having more money in my mouth than my car is worth!! God forbid anybody hits me in the mouth.
Amanda had a great time her first class - she wants volunteers to learn to floss other people's teeth, and as part of the class experience, anybody in her family can come in and have dental work done -assisted by the students for learning experience - at next to no cost. I won't be healed up enough to get this implant done by then, darn it, but I could go for a cleaning and her ex-boyfriend needs some teeth pulled and they'll set him up with those inviline braces for COST!!! He's 31 years old and has snarfy ugly teeth...Now he can have pretty teeth finally. Chris will probably go for a cleaning, but he's not going to let anyone do much on his teeth - chicken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home