Monday, January 07, 2008

Hereditary Hard-Headeness - fact or fiction??

Well, that girl of mine R E F U S E S to discuss starting her own business. Even though I have offered to give her a business, give her the computer program, give her clients, give her everything she needs except the willingness to DO IT!!!
She's on her own now - as you know - Useless Man decided he didn't love her and he moved out. Amanda has figured out that she can financially support herself and her daughter - Useless can't work during the winter because he's a roofer and it's cold now, so rather than get ANY job, he's sitting on his butt waiting for warmer weather. (she's feeling like she lost out???!!!)

Anyway, I've been toying with starting a second company - stricktly for non-cleaning stuff - groceries, cooking, errands, etc. I know this business will take off, and she can make a decent living working for herself!!!!!!!!!!!

But NO WAY, she won't do it - refuses. Wanna know why? Are you sitting down??!!!! She refuses because she doesn't want to pay her own taxes, she prefers to work for someone else who is going to take taxes out of her check and sent it in to the IRS for her.

Ok, its a hassle keeping back money to pay my own taxes, but it is do-able. I made a pretty darn good chunk last year. Amanda in fact was impressed when I told her how much I made - just one fat lady with a mop...BUT, now enough to jump off the employed for someone else wagon and get on her own darn wagon!!!!!!!

How can I get this child (25 year old) to understand the benefits of self-employment? Make your own schedule, decide when and where you will work, make as much money as you want to, and NOT have to deal with politics (ok, there's still some politics, but not like being employed by someone else). She's worried about there not being steady work, ok, the first year may be a bit rough, but she can keep her pizza delivery job until she's making enough to break away on her own - the same way I did!!!!!!!!
Anyone have a suggestion for prying this girl away from her steady paycheck of $9 and hour and get her onto $18-$20 an hour working for herself???? Short of beaning her with a shovel, I mean...

2 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Gattina said...

Yes, I have an idea ! Stop harassing this poor girl with your ideas ! she is not you and if she prefers to be employed rather then working of her own then it's her problem. I wouldn't like either to work as an independent it's too much trouble when I look around me. Let her live her own life nothing is worse then a mother who mingles all the time in your life and tells you what is good for you. Would you accept this from your mother ??
Think of your aunt when you tried to "convince" her not to smoke !
I hope you will not be offended because I just tell you what I think, lol !

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger paperback reader said...

It takes some people a lot longer than others. It took me 'til my mid-40s to stop breastfeeding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home