Sunday, December 30, 2007

2008 - a new beginning again

Looking back over the '07 blogs, I realize I've talked about everything that was important all year, so putting it down here is redundant, and I've already done that, and by reading it here you'll be re-reading what you already read before I put it down here, so it's a waste of time. I see a couple things I didn't talk about so here go those:

Amanda and John split up the middle of December and he moved out for real. He only moved up the block to a friend's apartment however, and so far things are going ok. He's been good about keeping Fay when Amanda works and spending Daddy time with her, and the other grandma Linda and I are taking turns keeping Fay too. Amanda has put her size-12 foot down on Linda about taking Fay when it's John's nights to have her. Usually John calls his mommy and begs her to take Fay so he can do this or do that...now she is ordered to say NO, you keep her, it's your night. I kept Fay on Friday night while Amanda worked till midnight, and John had her Saturday, and Linda has her today, and I get her tomorrow (New Years Eve) till Amanda gets home from the party she's going to. I'll bring Fay out here for dinner and to give the horse a carrot and after while we'll go back to her house so she can sleep in her own bed. I'm working New Year's Day (make $120 or watch football, tell me what you'd choose?) at 9AM, so will go home whenever Amanda gets home. As for John and his BS, well, it started the same way this December as it did last December, he says he's not happy- doesn't feel like Amanda is THE ONE for him, wants his space and all that. Ok, when she mentioned this to me, I said I'll be right over, lets pack his crap up and put it on the porch, if he's not happy, let him go. She really wanted to cry and beg again this time, but all her support people gave her the same advise: LET HIM GO!!!! And so, she's learning how to live alone and is pushing away suggestions from people who think anti-depressants and sleeping pills will help her get over this. I tell her don't do pills!!! Pray, walk in the sunshine, hug your baby, be thankful for your health and ability to work and pay your bills, and F*** that guy, show him you'll be OK without him, that's the best revenge there is.

I had my 45th birthday quietly on the 26th. Didn't find any new grey hairs or wrinkles, but have noticed a hitch in my right hip most every morning when I get up. Time to go to the chiropractor and get snapped back into shape again, gosh it's been better than 6 months since I saw him last. Chris's parents are doing OK, her mother Wilma moved in with them and they had 6 rough months getting used to the change - imagine your MOTHER moving into your house??!!! His sister and her husband survived their first year of marriage, guess they're doing OK, we don't hear from them, and don't keep in touch - sad isn't it?

My brother and his wife are still doing OK. They celebrated their 35th year together (33 legal he says) and their kids are both doing great. Tannen - their first grandchild - born to a heroin addicted woman and their son Jay is doing great finally, he's thriving in the love and support of his grandparents home, both their kids live at home too. My grandmother and I are still communicating on a semi-regular basis - she doesn't write all the letters she used to, and well neither do I. My aunt is still not speaking to me, guess she'll die being right and I'll never be able to apologize. My good friend Myrtle passed away on the 23rd. Her son didn't feel the need to call me and let me know, I had to read about it in the paper. Of course if I were a better friend I'd have known Myrtle was getting worse and going downhill, but of course she was 94. I'll miss her - and sent her son a sympathy card, wrote in it So sorry to read in the paper of the passing of Dear Myrtle...(ya shithead- no, I didn't write shithead, but I sure thought it). Chris and I are doing well together. After the breakup of John and Amanda I really had to sit back and revue our relationship for what it is, a real committed thing, and married or not, we're in it for good. If we don't get married this year, as I hope, I think the next best thing will be legal paperwork filed with an attorney - something that says he has these rights to this property, and I have these rights to this property...we'll see. We're talking about taking two weeks off for vacation this year and going south - I need to scatter my dad's ashes as I promised him I would. And we'll be in Reno then, so maybe Chris can be talked into getting married while we're there.

My little business is thriving. I raised rates as of the first of January, and only one client cut back from weekly to every other week. The one person that quit completely was going to quit anyway because he's a picky drama king pain-in-the-butt that goes through housekeepers faster than he goes through girlfriends - Jerk. I'll be advertising to fill those two vacancies, and am planning to have the best year yet - my 6th year in self-employment.

Hopefully you all have a safe and happy New Year celebration and a prosperous and healthy new year too!!! I am so happy that Grammie gets to be a grandmother again in 2008! Gattina, good luck to you and your family and cats, I hope you get to take a lot of wonderful trips, as I enjoy seeing pictures of them. Pistols and his flaxen haired woman might get serious, and thankfully Bert Banana's is back from the Blog vacation, he was missed!! I hope Claudia is feeling well and will be blogging more than she's been lately, I miss her too. Bye for now !!!

3 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger paperback reader said...

Just reading about a flaxen haired woman and I getting serious frightens me.

As per Amanda, I view exes in economic terms - as sunk costs. It's money/time you've already spent, and throwing good time/money after bad makes no sense. You've tried that path, it didn't work, and staying there helps no one. Of course, I have no heart, so it's easy to say that, much harder to live it.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger L. said...

Happy and Healthy New Year to you, Jana!

I hope that 2008 holds all good things for you and your family...
xoxo
Grammie

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Gattina said...

I hope for you that you will get married in San Remo or somewhere else, why not it's far more practical, lol !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home