Friday, November 09, 2007

Zippy and the Vunder-Cop!!



Notice that bubble machine in the rear view mirror? Ok, this isn't the shot from today, but it is the shot I have of being stopped for speeding during our trip through Wyoming, Chris was driving, and BOY HOWDY was I glad it was him and not ME doing 90.

Anyway, tonight, on the way home, going 49 down a dark country road... I noticed suddenly two cars off the side of the road, and just about a half second before it dawned on me that it was TWO SHERIFF'S CARS running radar, it was TOO DAMN LATE, I was nabbed!!!!!!!!

Well, the truth of the matter is, that 35 MPH speed zone is too damn slow for my taste, but I try to follow the rules, being a good citizen and all that crap, but I had been in 5PM traffic and its 10 miles to my house, and DAMMIT I had to pee!!!!! So I was zipping along hoping to make it home before I wet my pants.

I told OFFICER A-hole that I was hurrying because I had to pee, so for some reason, he just slooowwwwedddd doooowwwwwwnnnn. Took him literally 10 minutes to write me a ticket for speeding. Then to prove his superiority, he followed me almost all the way home to assure himself I wasn't going to speed anymore tonight on the rest of the 1/2 mile trip to my house.!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRR~!! I was so supremely upset by this situation I didn't even look at the ticket, I just took my stuff from the officer's hand and started my car and drove away, wet britches and all. Asshole.

After I got home, got changed, cleaned up the mess...yaddayadda. I looked at the ticket, $154 for 49 in a 35. I have 3 options: pay the fine, request a hearing to explain WHY I was breaking the law, or request a hearing and explain why I wasn't breaking the law. I'll go for option #2, since there's no option to kick that A-hole officer in the leg for detaining me like some illegal alien with a suspended license, expired plates and a car-full of unseatbelted kids.

I'll simply tell the nice judge that I was hurrying home to keep from peeing my pants, and thanks to the officer and his intentional detention... I didn't.

My darling daddy would have said to me "it's way better than to be pissed off, than pissed on". Thanks Pop, appreciate it even 4 years after your death I can hear your snicker.

1 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger paperback reader said...

I cannot imagine not playing that trump card. I would have stepped out of the car, pointed to my pants and said, "Are you happy? That's why I was speeding. Well, now I've got all day to smell like piss, so let's talk about this awhile."

Who's going to wet themselves as a defense? Brilliant! Except for the fact that it didn't work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home