Sunday, September 02, 2007

Missed my anniversary on Blogger!!

Well, I was just reading someone's blog saying they've been blogging for a year, and it made me think, HEY, I've been doing this about a year too. Turns out it was a year in July, so I'm late to my own anniversary.
What a year it's been too. My daughter, son-in-law and grandygirl moved to the area from over on the coast about a year ago. I've been present for both Fay's birthday parties. What a difference it is to look at her pictures from then and to see her now. I was over yesterday to stay with her while John's granfather's funeral was going on - no reason to expect a 2 year old to behave in a group of mourners anyway. SO, mommy pushed Fay because Fay wouldn't kiss her goodbye, so Fay looks at me and says "Nanny, Mommy pushed me..." in the cutest little whiney baby voice you ever heard.
What else happened in this past year? Well - there was the broken ankle fiasco of August, 2006. I'm healed up pretty much, though still not very interested in hiking. I did replace those crappy hiking boots with some very high quality backpacking boots. We're supposed to go on vacation next week and do an overnight hike, we'll see what happens.
Chris and I had a couple really bad fights over the past year, some of those discussions ended up on here. I suppose that since we're both the babies of our families we're never going to be good at sharing. Though I'm better at it having had a daughter that insisted I share with her. Chris never had to share and is terrible at it. He neither shares his feelings or real discussions - he routinely talks about the feds, the masons, the catholics, and his new fantasy - the timeline on the building of the pyramids... boring!!! I pissed off family members in big ways, we got a new sofa too, which I like now a lot more than I did when Chris bought it.
Oh - I've met some really really neat people Blogging, and I am so happy to mention them, and thank them for coming by and commenting and offering support and suggestions when I needed them: Grammie, Gattina, Claudia, Ron, Pistols, Bert, and a couple of anonymous people too. I've learned some things are in blogger that I never knew about - like that lady and her pet - that turned out to be some S&M couple - that was weird. Saw some fat gay Chinese men too - now that was VERY GROSS!!!! I learned to put pictures in here and I got a new digital camera this year that I like a lot too.
I still hate cell phones, won't own one in my lifetime - unless they are make mandatory by law, and then I'll probably get jailed for not having one. I still love working for myself as a cleaning lady, and appreciate all my clients too.
Happy Blogoversary to me, and thanks friends for sharing the ride with me!!

8 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog. I will definately have to check out that book. Like I said, I know what it is I am supposed to do-so maybe there is more to my desire to lose weight vs my ability like what you talked about in the book.

I like how you recapped what happened this past year in this post. I wish I would have done that each year of blogging.

Take care!

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Gattina said...

Congratulations ! You must have started at the same time as me because I also had my blogoversary a month ago ! Now you know all man don't like big discussions so in that yours is no exception and to make a couple work the french say "Put water in your wine" which means concessions ! I learned to ask myself a question when different meanings are coming up "Does it really disturb me or is it one of my principles" and then I realize that most of the time it's my principles, lol !
Nice to hear that you like your sofa ..... finally !
BTW I always write about my other cats on Tuesday ! But for the moment besides sleeping they don't do anything. Except of course Arthur who is always busy with his Rosie !

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger L. said...

Happy Blogging Anniversary, Janet!

I just got back from Owen's first birthday celebration and it was wonderful! As you can imagine, I have pictures and stories galore to share. : )

Have a nice end-of-the-holiday weekend!
xoxo
Grammie

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Moobear said...

Happy Blog Anniversary Jana. You, Gattina and I started about the same time. I thank you for your friendship and your good intentions on trying to keep me healthy. I enjoy your post, but I am selfish, I want more! LOL, but realize you have a job and are very busy, unlike me, who has no excuse for not blogging.
Glad to have met you Jana, hope to see your second anniversary roll around. Best wishes to you and Chris. Post more pictures of Fay. LOL.. Take care friend.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Jana said...

Thanks everybody, I appreciate the comments always. I'll get some more pics on here of Fay, Claudia, I have some new ones that I can transfer, just takes so darn long to do it!!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Crikit, Sparky, Ginger! said...

Happy belated Blogoversary. I have a long ways to go since I thought about blogging for years before I ever started. What a neat benchmark! I saw one site show a picture of their celebration cake. Congrats!

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger paperback reader said...

Indeed, belated congrats on a full year. I have yet to reach that status here on blogspot, but hopefully the 4,000 posts I've written will make people think I've been here for years.

Fools.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Gattina said...

If you want to see my other cats you have to visit my blog ! Arthur did again something funny !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home