Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Coughin' in the valley!!

Cough... cough....cough
Geez I hate fire season!! There's trees and brush burning north of here and the entire valley is a big smog fest.... Just like smoking a pack without lighting up first!!!

The good part is it really puts the bends on our impending doom of a camping/hike this weekend. Back when I smoked a lotta dope and drank a LOTTA tequila, camping trips with Chris were a lotta fun!! I could hear all those comments and tirades about the Gov'mint and all the work they do keeping the little man down. Not followed far by the Masons, the Catholics, the scewed timelines on the building of the pyramids in Egypt...the USFS locking all those roads to keep us out - even though its public land and WE are the public.... Nowadays, camping trips are simply captive audience trips away from the computer and the comfortable dogonne bed. Blah-blah-blah --- he gets on his box and getsa goin' and I hear Charlie Brown's teacher - WA WA WAAA... WA WA WAAA. Even though I spent $180 on hiking boots, I'm still not going on an overnight hike. I still fear bears, the unknown, the nasty little snake crawling into my sleeping bag to get warm, the possible psycho in the hills with an ax and a bunch of banjo playing relatives.

Watched a FUNNNAY movie last night - Wild Hogs...what a hoot-fest. Ok, some of the stunts were really stupid, but watch to see all those guys riding Harleys - and YEP, they were really riding. It was fun and I laughed a lot. Ray Liotta was a good bad guy and Pete Fonda put in a bit part, SOOOO SAD that he was playing Ray's daddy in this movie. Remember his daddy Henry in On Golden Pond? Now THERE Was a movie. My favorite Pete Fonda movie is Sometimes A Great Notion (with Paul Newman and Henry Fonda)...God I'm old.
Oh - and I was mistaken. I watched The Ghost Rider a couple weeks ago, Pete Fonda was Satan in that one - and one of his lines was "Far Out" when the lights blew out in the carnival walkway. I told Chris that line was from Easy Rider, well, I watched Easy Rider, and Pete never said Far Out all the way through the movie. The closest he got was in the end when he was blown Far Out and away from his Harley by the rednecks and their shotguns... Ok, I was wrong, and I admit it.
BYe now - and Take Care!!

1 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Blogger Gattina said...

I don't even remember when I saw Peter Fonda the last time, but I like him too !
My tooth or better my gum around the tooth is better and doesn't hurt anymore. The dentist just prescribes you antibiotics because he can't do anything as long as you have an inflamation. I took the antibiotics and now it's OK. On the 27th I have an appointment with her (the dentist)
Little Rosie is really a wonderful kitten, we never had a cat like her ! She is such a cuddle cat and so affectionated. She would interrupt her playing just to jump on your lap give you a little kiss and continue playing. She still hasn't damaged anything we really were very lucky to pick up just the perfect cat ! She also starts to discover the garden more and more and I soon have to show her how to use the cat flap. But she is a very careful cat and at the slightest unknown noise she runs back in the living room !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home