Friday, October 26, 2007

The most wonderful day in my life-so far

Here's my darlin' Fay at her 2nd birthday party in almost her favorite place, Nana's arms.

She doesn't look a WHOLE lot different from this picture, this was just taken in June, so you get the drift - blue eyes, blond hair... reminds me of ME when I was 2.

Anyway, I took Fay for a stroller ride last week and was so amazed by the difference in her ability to speak and reason, and was just FLOORED by some of the things she can say now~!! Wasn't she just a little slobbering lump of smiles and poo about a week ago? Now she's talking in sentences, reasoning things out, I'm totalled and amazed by it.

Ok - first we strolled up the block from her house, past the house where the dog lives that comes to greet us when we walk by, no dog on the porch, so Fay reasoned that "Doggy was sleeping". Next the house where the two cats live that we greet when we walk by, the black one is friendly, the yellow one isn't. This particular day we talked to the yellow cat, Fay was saying "Come here kitty" but kitty was busy sunning herself and wasn't coming to us, so finally the black kitty did and she was really happy to get to pet him/her. Finally we made it up the hill to the park - she told me "WEEE!!", which is her word for park. I pushed her on the swing, helped her up the ladder for a trip down the slide...many times on both. One trip across the playground from the swing to the slide, and she said "I love you Nana." That did it - I was melted totally. I'm so in complete love with this little person its amazing to me. I was in particular need of some unconditional love that day, and nobody loves anybody like a child does. We had to sit down and eat a pretend cake too, is that something wonderful and amazing at her age? Ok - it was dirt, and I pretended to eat it, but she was satisfied that I (being SOOO old) understood that it was cake and I should eat it!!

We talked while she was swinging and I was pushing. She noticed the sky and said she wants to fly up there. When I pushed up my sweater sleeves, she wanted to push up her coat sleeves. She noticed that her coat has a Barbie on it and mine doesn't. She pointed out that we were both wearing shoes.

After a while I told her we needed to get home for chicken dinner and that Mommy's home, to which she informed me that "No, Mommy's working at Mommy's Pizza". Turned out she was right, Mommy wasn't home when we got home, in fact it was about 1/2 hour later than that, but amazed I was indeed. After Mommy got home, she and Fay had a rousing game of blow belly and laugh really really hard about it. Fay grabbed mommy's cheeks too hard and got hollered at for being mean, and I told Fay to be nice, don't hurt mommy and give her kisses on her cheek to make it better, which she did, and she understood too. Wow she's smart. Watch out world, here comes FAY!!!

I understand what Irma Bombeck meant (I think she said it), that if she'd had known how much fun grandchildren were, she'd have had them first!!! Me TOO!!!

3 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Jana. How lovely. Your little granddaughter is a peach. Isn't it funny how the simplest days are most often the happiest? When I think of Perfect Days, they always involve thing I've done with my family.
Thanks for sharing!

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Gattina said...

Jana, your little granddaughter looks like a doll ! Is she sweet ! Of course you melt like butter in the sun !
I wonder how I would be with a grandchild, I have so many souvenirs from when my son was a cute little boy and I noted down everything funny thing he had said. As I was already 30 when I had a child (I didn't want before) I think I enjoyed being a mother much more than a younger woman. I see it with my friends they all behave as if they never had a toddler and are so amazed about what the grandchild says and does. As I am not a grandma I always compare them to my little son he did all this too.
BTW on Friday I leave for 2 weeks holidays to Egypt at the Red Sea ! Am I happy to escape the bad cold weather here ! There it's 89 °F and only 4 h flight away !!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger L. said...

What a great post...I loved reading all about your Fay! ...and she is a cutie!

: )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home