Sunday, January 13, 2008

More on the car, the kid and the TICKET!!!

I was just thinking I never finished talking about that ticket I got in November, and knowing that so MANY of you are sitting on one cheek and then the other waiting for the final outcome, I thought I'd better relieve your minds and let you know how it all came out.
Last week I went to court, with driving record in hand-ready to explain to the judge that I'm a business woman, an English speaking legal American citizen, a God-fearing tax paying person with legal insurance, a driver's license in my legal name, and a clean driving record for 15 years. What happened was the court clerk said that any people who have a clean driving record, who weren't cited for speeding in a school zone or a construction zone are eligible for a DEFERRAL!! Cost you $120, but the ticket doesn't go on your driving record, unless you get another ticket within 12 months, in which case you forfit the $120, you owe for THIS ticket, you owe for the other ticket, PLUS you get both tickets against your driving record. OKEYDOKEY!!! $120 bribe for the court to keep this ticket off my record - which would raise my insurance rates and knock me out of the preferred rates I'm getting... So that form signed and up to the judge, she didn't even look at me, she just checked my driving record, signed the order and waived me off. WHEW!!!!

As for the car, it's going in the shop again this week to get the stuff fixed that the body shop didn't fix to my liking. The gas-cap needs to be aligned right, the back door needs to be lined up to the rear panel, and the trunk light fixture isn't connected anymore. The light works, but the light itself is hanging loose from the inside of the trunk. Ok, so all that needs to be fixed and the cosmetic strip on the back door needs to be replaced as it was smacked by the bumper of the same truck that smacked the rear panel. Otherwise, the car is running fine after a week of being started and run every day, in fact I'm happy to be back in my little purple Kia, and happy not to be paying $50 a week in gas for the hog-rental I was driving. Now the other insurance company isn't going to want to pay for my time driving back and forth to the body shop, for the lost work time, for the extra gas money...and in fact the woman tried to scare me by saying that they shouldn't have paid for 26 days of a rental car because my car was perfectly driveable, according to their criteria. Nope, the gas cap wouldn't open and the back tire was wobbly, making the car both unsafe and unable to be driven. Thankfully I have pictures in case it has to go to court.

Seems Idiot Useless Man and his idiot felon roommate were raided by the police. Yes - the Useless Man was selling pot out of their house - in fact he was selling pot out of his and Amanda's house before he got the inspiration to move out (and tell me that Jesus doesn't work in our lives in the most mysterious ways? - had Useless NOT moved out, the cops would have swooped down on his place with Amanda and likely the baby would be in state custody and both he and her would be in jail- Thank you Jesus for your kind help.) Thankfully they had no drugs in the house - only parafinalia.
Anyway, now the two idiot men have been approached by the cop in question who said 'if you'll do us a favor and do a drug buy down in mexican town, we'll let you off this hook and we'll forget all about the parafinalia we found here, and you won't get cited for posession, and you won't get your names in the paper and you won't get in trouble with your mommies.' For some unknown reason, these two idiots think this is a GOOD IDEA!!!! They think if they do this ONE favor for the police they won't be in trouble. Well, the truth of the matter is that if they do this one favor, they won't be off the hook, they'll be in it for good, and when they say no, then they'll get busted. Another possibility is that they'll be set up to sell to an undercover police person, and they'll be busted for dealing. Or they could get set up so that everyone involved gets shot and killed so the cops don't have to deal with these petty criminals anymore. Worse yet is the chance that the people they get busted would turn out to be aware of Useless man's family and make it bad on Amanda and the baby. Don't think this stuff happens? Don't read a paper? Don't watch a movie? How do I know about this you may wonder? Well way back when my house was robbed by a neighbor boy, I called the police and had him and his buddy arrested. When the sheriff had the kids cuffed in the squad car, he came into my house and advised me that the boys told HIM that I was THE drug dealer in the neighborhood, that I had sold and used marijuana with them both and that they could describe the box that I kept drugs and parafinalia in. So, OK, I showed the cop the box that had one pipe in it - and I explained to the cop that the pipe belonged to my deceased brother and that I had no drugs, I used no drugs, and never sold anything to anyone. Well, the cop said, I'm confiscating this and I'm going to cite you for posession, UNLESS you give up your dealer. I had 24 hours to make up my mind. When the officer showed up the next day I refused to give up anyone because there was no one to give up. Getting my house robbed cost me $500 for an attorney and a day in court to clear my name. I can't believe Idiot 1 and Idiot 2 are even remotely considering going for a drug buy for these cops. If it weren't for the fact that this could come back on Amanda, and how much Fay would miss her Daddy and her uncle, I'd say that both those stupid men deserve what they're going to get. If they can't see past the danger of this suggestion, then they should do it - good luck, and God speed... dummies.

3 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger Gattina said...

That sounds like a crime story in a bad movie ! How is it possible that your police is so corrupted ? I thought that happens only in movies ? Unbelievable ! I can't even imagine such a thing here and I never heard about something like that either. Crime life in Belgium is quite boring, lol !
BTW I bought a GPS because I CAN'T read a map !! Never could I never know where I am on the map, lol !
This GPS is great and helps me a lot I only had to get used to it.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Jana said...

No, it's true - and happens here in the US a lot. It's possible because the police have the power is how they can be corrupt. Most of the time it's the police that set up drug busts because they aren't getting bribed, and so they either get bribes, drugs or they get someone killed to make a lesson for the rest of their drug dealers that are paying bribes. There would be no reason to go to the captain of the officer involved because the captain knows what is going on, and in fact most of them are involved. So sad, makes people not trust the police and not want to call them if there is real trouble. I can get you the names of some movies to watch if you can get them over there? No reason you should think the US is only the Statue of Liberty and the Grand Canyon!!! Didn't you ever see The Godfather movie?

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger paperback reader said...

Hmm. Clever little bastards, though usually, being part of a burglary tends to undercut one's believability, much like admitting to liking Rush.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home