Saturday, February 09, 2008

GIMME that hummingbird DAMMIT!!!


ALL I want is this little hummingbird figurine to replace the one I broke at a client's house. I broke the beak off of it about 3 years ago, and always felt a bit bad about it. SO last time I was at her house, I snuck out the broken one, and brought it home so I could order a replacement on the internet. Little did I know that this little old woman would notice the missing hummer and call me to find out what I did with it!! I lied and told her it mysteriously ended up in my dirty-rag bucket and I'd return it next time. Thankfully I'm a WAY better liar on the phone than I am in person. I can't keep eye-contact, and have this stupid habit of giggling when I lie. Anyway...
I found one that was a really close replacement on some website, and I ordered it. A few days later it still wasn't on its way to me so I called the company and the guy said SORRY, the manufacturer is out of business and we can't get this anymore. OK FU-REAKING FINE!!!
And NOW I found THIS replacement, which is almost exact on E-BAY!!! HOW the hell did I end up here? Excited about bidding on a 4" high piece of porcelain that some woman bought from an estate sale for about 35c, and now I'm up to $38 bidding on it!!! Some bitch keeps showing up and upping the bid, and I swear I will have this dumb thing if it costs me my next housepayment!!!! I'd love to find that woman that keep overbidding me and break HER beak!!! Not only did I have to get a Paypal account - which I can't use till they get me verified of all stupid things - I have EXCELLENT credit and credit cards up the wazoo, but NO WAY, you have to have some personal paypal account, which links to my credit card and to my checking account, but I can't use it till it's verified. Thankfully the owner of the little figurine will wait a couple days till I get verified to use the paypal account, the only alternative is to send a money order to New York City.... yeeesh what a world!!
I think I'm going to have a heart attack in the next 5 hours till this dumb auction is over and the hummingbird is MINE MINE MINE!!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger Jana said...

Well, dash-it-all, the bitch beat me outof my hummingbird. I swear she was lurking around waiting till 10 seconds before the end of the aution so she could outbid me, and turns out that's exactly what happened!!! and it's normal to do it that way on E-bay according to the woman that I was bidding to get the hummingbird from!!
BUT hey pistols, I found tickets for Rush on there, and I'm intending to bid on those too!! Want to come to Washington and see a concert with me and Chris? You fly out, buy your own ticket, rent a car and drive to the Gorge and we'll meet you there - you can camp on the couch if you want to!!

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Gattina said...

You see in what troubles you get when you are honnest ?? Lol !! and on top you learned bidding now ! Soon your house will be full of useless things just because they were such a good deal (hahaha !)

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Sid said...

Are you serious? You went through all this effort to replace a figurine. I bet the old woman might either a) not have noticed that you broke it or b) would not have made the connection between the broken bird and you doing the actual breaking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home