Friday, May 16, 2008

Beauty, Rush and Movies




Isn't that a beautiful shot? This was a good day in an amazing place, two happy, peaceful, rested people...We were in Canyon Lands National Park in Utah, it was windy and cold, but ohhhhhh the views.

We got the bikes out for about an hour ride tonight - what a treat. The weather was so nice and the ride was relaxing and a good workout. I finally asked Chris what he thinks of my haircut. He said he likes it and hopes I'll keep it this way. Hurray, we have consensus. Tomorrow is slated for a 5 mile hike - we have to start early, we'll see how far that goes. I talked to him about the gym I'm looking into and he's encouraging on that too.
I'm very much looking forward to the concert in two weeks. The 31th is RUSH at the Gorge in George, WA. Neal Pert is THE drummer in my humble opinion, and that's about all I can state about RUSH. The lead singer and base player sings kinda whiney to me - I first thought he was a girl with a deep kinda voice, nope. He never appears to sweat in their DVD's, Neal doesn't sweat either, but he wears a headband when he plays the drums.
I want to see Chronicles of Narnia -Prince Caspian. I loved the first movie, saw it like 10 times!!! But, the reviews are bleak on this second installment, the story line seems pretty silly after all the possibilities from the first movie. My daughter and Chris were not impressed with Narnia, neither got it the way I guess I did, so suppose I'll check out a matinee for Wednesday afternoon. Chris'll go with me to see the new Indiana Jones movie - of course.

1 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Coincidence?

After spending days comtemplating pink Navajo Sandstone, then writing about it...

Beautiful

 

Post a Comment

<< Home