Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Wow - is it October already

I just realized Ihaven't been around to talk to anyone on this blog in about a month... so I'm sorry! I'm busy, I'm trying to spend more time with my grandchild. I'm having to work on advertising for my business since I had two clients die and open up two holes in my schedule and in my income!!
Life goes on however. Chris was sick for a week, and he's working too many hours. I'm working a lot and taking time to winterize the garden beds. We had a good crop for as small as our garden was this year. Next year we'll do better growing-wise and will have lots more crop from that.
The animals are OK. I keep hoping dear 15 year old Sassy will some day soon lie down in the warm sunny favorite spot, got to sleep, and stay that way. She's healthy and doing OK, sadly alzheimer' is setting in. She forgets where she is, gets lost in the house, forgets when she ate last. I appreciate that she can still hunt and kick the butts of the other cats in the house - but every morning at 5:30 she's outside my bedroom window announcing that its time for her to be fed!! Benjamin is still ripping his belly hair. I made another appointment with the vet for next week. I need the chance to get Ben in and then lock up the pet door. If he gets outside after breakfast he's gone for the day and won't be home again till after dark. Shadow of course is fine. She loves that it's cooler weather again so there's more blankets laying around on the couch and the barcolounger - more spots for her to snuggle into and be warm. Even wild-man-Ben was up in my lap the other night when it was cold outside. His family would laugh at him to see what a domestic-kitty he's become.
Healthy wise, we're doing OK too. Gosh this is boring me to sleep! Need to go read Pistol's Blog and wake up!! Bye for now - Jana

1 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Gattina said...

Welcome back ! nice to hear from you again ! Last time you posted was in August !!
Your cat family seems to be OK, I didn't know that cats too can get Alzenheimer ! My old Lisa is better now since she gets these medication against anxiety and she doesn't pee anymore everywhere either. She becomes a round little cat and is not the skinny minny anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home