Monday, January 05, 2009

Hope springs eternal, but

Ass-bites are always just around the corner.

Mrs. A called me a while ago - (same said Mrs. A from the previous post).

She says the girl they hired to replace me and get the cleaning done stole from her, and did I fill her spot yet? Come back on Thursday right??? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? The woman came in and did a really good job cleaning up the bedroom, dusted everything up so nice....went to the grocery store, sat down to watch a movie....later on I went to bed, went to get a pill, and they're gone!!! Well, she called the police and the police say this happens ALL THE TIME!!! That people come in to older folks homes and steal their pain pills and sell them on the street!!! OH MY GOSH!!

So--- let me get this straight, I told her. You let me go and (lied to me) told me you were being forced to move to assisted living, and that someone had been hired to clean up the house so you could either sell the house or maybe rent it out. But turns out that after over 5 years with me and never even stolen a cookie from you, done all your shopping, cried with you over losing Newman, fought on your side more than once, relable, honest, always doing extra things for you, and... NOW you say you hired someone to replace me, and you got ripped off, and you want me to come back to work?

Ok - sure, I'm happy to put you back in that spot - however, the rate is $18 per hour. I never raised your rate because I thought you couldn't afford me, but you told me the other day that money isn't a problem, so that's the rate. You have to pay the same minimum rate as everyone else - period. I hung up the phone after telling her she's welcome to call me back if she wants me to work for that rate.

And I'm about done crying over it - thanks.

2 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Gattina said...

If that lady is 92 you should forgive her and go back. You know at that age they can become lunatic and she probably regrets very much not to have you anymore. I am surprised about the rate of 18 $ /h. Nobody would pay that here not even the richest one. A well payed cleaning lady gets 10 to 13 $ that's the most.
Faye has changed a lot ! she became a little lady !!
Wish you all the best and a nice life together with Chris !

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Jana said...

I'm happy to put her back in her spot- forgiven even, because I understand the age issues involved here. But - I have done favors and more than that for her, and she lied to me. That's hard to take. As for the rate, that's low. In bigger cities housekeepers get $25-$30 per hour for the richest houses. I charge $18-$25, and get it without difficulty. I'm worth it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home