Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The end of an era

I found out last night that my grandmother has passed away. She was born in 1915, just turned 93 in October.
All my life Gram and I wrote letters back and forth. She was always full of good solid advise and told me lots of stories from the family past.
The last time I saw her was 2 years ago April when we visited Colorado on our vacation. I got to see the matriarch of my mom's family - the Hornbek homestead, and I got to see the matriarch of dad's family - Gram.
Always sharp and intelligent, Gram had something interesting to talk about and something witty to say on nearly any subject. I remember the time she lived with us in Reno when she was divorcing my grandpa Jack, it was a fun time, I didn't even mind sharing my room.

Reba Fulmer Howard Boone passed away on December 16, 2008 at the age of 93. She was survived by her daughter Claudia of the home, grandsons and granddaughters, great grandsons and great granddaughters, and 6 great-great grandchildren that span the country from California to New Mexico. She is preceeded in passing by two husbands - Jack and Fred, by three children - Ron, LouAnn and Chuck, her sister Bernice and parents. Those that knew Reba will remember her for her intelligence and whit, she was also known for her talent in painting and her wonderful gardens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home