Thursday, May 17, 2007

We're OUTTA HERE!!

Well, just in case anyone misses me --- we're leaving on vacation for a week. Driving from Washington through Montana and Wyoming and then to Littleton, Colorado to see my 91 year old Grandma for a few days, while we're in Colorado we'll take a day trip to Florissant to see the homestead of my ancestor Adeline Hornbek. There's a web site dedicated to her and the homestead in case anyone's interested in looking at it. What I find so interesting about her is she built the cabin herself and raised 3 kids alone- one is my great-grandfather Elliott Jr.
On the way home we'll go through Salt Lake City, if they'll let us heathens in I want to see the Tabernacle and the boys choir. After that we'll go through the Moab desert and then home. About 3,000 miles in 9 days... whew I'm tired already!
See you next Sunday when we get back!!

1 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger Gattina said...

That's a wonderful trip you are doing there ! I have done this in 1971 and remember the beautiful landscapes and the vast farms ! To get to your next neighbor you almost had to take a helicopter ! But don't forget to give instructions to your daughter to feed the cats (if you don't have anybody else) that she doesn't lock them in and the poor things will die for hunger ! I haven't forgotten that adventure !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home