Friday, April 27, 2007

The big ugly sofa is here!!


Well, here's the monstrofasee for you to look at, gaze in wonder at this monster that takes up 3/4 of my living room. It's HUGE, it's UGLY, and it's DOGONNE uncomfortable!! The memory foam is in the seat cushions- the back cushions are just plain old foam. The color is NOT the deep rich red color I expected, though it looks kinda pink in the picture, it is just red. It causes a lot of static electricity that is pretty shocking as well.
Of course, Chris says its very comfortable, and likes that you are forced to sit up more straight when you sit on it. Yup, there's only one way to sit on this thing - upright - like a church pew. I have spent a few hours on the other end - on the chaise lounge, and it's ok for a little while, then its time to get up and get back into my chair.
He actually wanted me to give up my La-Z-Boy when this thing was ordered, and I told him no way, that chair has been under my butt for almost 20 years, and it's not going anywhere till it falls completely apart and is laying in pieces on the living room floor. It's still in very good condition, the fabric is still as nice as when I bought it in Reno all those years ago.
The ONE nice thing is that ridge around the back, the cats just LOVE to run around that thing. Benjamin thinks that where he should be most of the time surveying his domain, his big issue is he can't get underneath this couch, it's only 3" off the floor. Buddy likes the big flat end over on the far side, he can stretch out far and wide (as he is very wide). Sassy and Shadow are sleeping on it once in a while. The fabric collects cat hair like a magnet, and one of us is using the lint brush daily to clear away a spot to sit on.
My old sofa is going to the goodwill, they'll be here tomorrow to cart it away. I wish I could keep it, but its no more comfortable than ol' big and ugly here. Chris would NEVER EVER NEVER admit he made an error and bought something big ugly and uncomfortable, guess we're stuck with this. Whenever I can replace it, I think I'll find a high-back old fashioned couch with wagon-wheel fabric and wooden armrests!! Or maybe purple and pink and polka dot with dinosaurs!! YEEHAWW!!!

1 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger Gattina said...

Jana you deserve an award for this description ! I am still laughing. The color on the picture is really awful but you said it's red still better then pink. But the model is not ugly at all ! and the fact that you have to sit straight is good for your back ! It looks a little "severe" and not really something to snuggle in, but with some cushions in your back it will work ! Except the color honestly it's not bad ! Chris thought probably about later when you are both in the 70 or 80 then it is ideal ! (grin*) The cats love it that means the sofa is nice !
Thanks for your comments ! That you could get out of hell is wonderful, congrats ! I have to say when I left this hospital I saw alcoholics in a completely other way. It's just like drug addiction. I have seen them there too and the symptoms are exactly the same. Only difference, one is legal and one illegal. There were so many young boys and girls there who badly tried to get out of hell. I also saw anorexic girls walking around like skeletons in a horror movie. Sad, sad. I kept a diary and wrote everything down I saw I intened to write about it once (later) just to show people how terrible these deseases are. Finnally, sad to say but seeing all these people helped me to get out of my depression.
My catnips are still there in fact they are like little bisquits but even my visitor cats don't eat them ! Have fun on your new sofa ! Lol !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home